UK Operations Director – International Business Services Provider
As a European leader in specialist business services, our client has an enviable track record of growth and success in the public and private sectors. With a well-established network of locations across the UK and a headcount of several thousand employees, they are now seeking to expand their service offerings and client base as they embark on the next ambitious stages of their strategic growth. This is an ideal opportunity to deliver change and implement the systems and procedures needed to deliver excellence to their customers.
Reporting to the UK CEO, this role is all about leading and motivating a team to deliver customer and contractual requirements in a safe and constructive way, playing a pivotal role in enhancing efficiency, productivity, and profitability. The role requires exceptional leadership, strong relationship management, strategic thinking, and the ability to develop a culture of collaboration through cross-functional teams.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide strategic leadership across all client accounts, making sure jobs are delivered safely to contractual requirements, on time, within budget, and to the standard expected.
- Build, lead and motivate a new Operations team to deliver performance, growth, and profits.
- Work closely with the Commercial Director to create compelling and cost-effective products and services.
- Build relationships with new and existing clients to understand their needs and identify opportunities for profitable organic growth and new business.
- Develop and facilitate a culture that puts safety and wellbeing at the heart, creating and ensuring a safe and efficient working environment that improves business performance and optimises productivity.
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with policies and procedures associated with all aspects of operations.
- Build operational excellence in the team, identifying bottlenecks, fostering a culture of improvement, and promoting innovation and efficiency.
- Implement appropriate technology solutions to automate processes, streamline workflows and enhance operational effectiveness.
- Manage the overall operations P&L through effective cost management, focusing on EBITDA as well as revenue, and regular accurate forecasting.
- Be a champion and role model of culture, vision and values and a trusted and active member of the leadership team, building strong internal relationships, collaborating with cross-functional teams to drive operational success.
Personal Skills and Attributes:
- Commercial and financial acumen with a solid understanding of contracting businesses.
- Excellent customer service skills, able to build effective business relationships and trust.
- Highly organised, great at multi-tasking with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Superior collaborative, interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to relate to people at all levels within the business.
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to sell ideas, products, and services.
- Detail-oriented with high standards.
- IT literate.
- Strong working knowledge of UK Health and Safety legislation and best practice.
- Proven experience in a senior leadership role; confident and experienced in leading and motivating a large workforce, building capability, and dealing with all aspects of people management.
- Experience in a corporate contracting environment
- Demonstrated expertise in process optimisation and operational efficiency.
- Experience of delivering change.
- P&L contract management and budget management experience.
A highly attractive salary, bonus, car allowance and a package including Healthcare and a flexible approach to ensure that we attract the correct calibre of candidate.