UK Commercial Director – International Business Services Provider
As a European leader in specialist business services, our client has an enviable track record of growth and success in the public and private sectors. With a well-established network of locations across the UK and a headcount of several thousand employees, they are now seeking to expand their service offerings and client base as they embark on the next ambitious stages of their strategic growth. This is an ideal opportunity to create a commercial division, deliver change and help shape the direction of the business to deliver profitable growth.
- Transform and grow the current public sector business through maintaining and developing relationships with existing clients to extend their reach, pitching new products and services, optimising pricing to deliver improved margins and increased profitability.
- Grow the private sector business by identifying new business opportunities, including new markets, new clients, and new partnerships and developing commercial proposals to address these.
- Build and lead a Commercial team to deliver accelerated performance, growth, and profits.
- Build commercial excellence in the team, driving a mentality of continuous improvement and best practice for all commercial processes; better, simpler, cheaper.
- Monitor market trends, conduct competitor analysis, build relationships with industry partners, stay on top of new legislation and regulation to identify opportunities and mitigate risks.
- Manage the commercial P&L through effective cost management, focusing on margin as well as revenue and regular accurate forecasting.
- Work with Corporate Affairs to develop and implement a marketing strategy that focuses on the right opportunities, maximising budget and resource, to drive marketing qualified leads and enhance corporate reputation.
- Leverage from the wider organisation to combine insight with a diverse mix of skills, experience, and capability to identify and develop innovative solutions and business development opportunities.
- Be a champion and role model of culture, vision and values and a trusted and active member of the leadership team, building strong internal relationships, collaborating with cross-functional teams to drive commercial success.
Personal Skills and Attributes:
- Strong strategic thinking abilities with a track record of developing and implementing successful commercial strategies.
- Excellent business development skills, with the ability to identify and seize new opportunities to drive profitable growth.
- In depth commercial and financial acumen with a solid understanding of business and marketing principles.
- Strong working knowledge of UK contract law and best practice.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to build effective business relationships and build trust.
- Highly organised, great at multi-tasking with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Superior collaborative, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to sell ideas, products, and services.
- Detail-oriented with high standards.
- IT literate.
- Proven track record of delivering profitable commercial success.
- Experience of working in or with both public and private sectors.
- Experience of reviewing commercial contracts and understanding the implications and opportunities.
- Experience of delivering change.
- Confident and experienced in leading and motivating a team, building capability, and dealing with all aspects of people management.
- P&L management experience.
A highly attractive salary, bonus, car allowance and a package including Healthcare and a flexible approach to ensure that we attract the correct calibre of candidate.