Closed to new applicants
Production Manager : HF669
Our client is a world-leading manufacturer and distributor of specialist technical plastic products for the modern reusable logistics market.
Since the company’s formation in the 1940s, it has grown into an international group with eight manufacturing locations across three continents. Investment in its people and in the latest technology is seen as crucial for the future success of the business.
A strong commitment to process and product development at each location ensures that the group maintains its well-deserved position at the centre of the logistics and manufacturing sectors.
The UK entity is enjoying yearly double digit growth with the order book now dictating the potential for further expansion across the site. To deliver on this additional development, the leadership team now seek to appoint a highly principled and disciplined professional who has the capability and demonstrable track record, in not only ensuring site best practice and efficiency but also in seeing the overall commercial picture.
Specifically you will;
- Be ultimately responsible for running a safe and compliant production facility including engineering, tooling, maintenance, QHSE and warehousing.
- Ensure the optimal application of engineering resources through in order to ensure proactive and reactive support of operations along with on time in full delivery of essential capital projects.
- Develop a culture and implement quality processes that support technical development, lean manufacturing and continuous improvement both in the UK and in conjunction with Group targets.
- Be responsible execution of a long term production strategy, which will deliver on the group’s long term growth plans in the UK.
- Chair the production meetings and motivate the teams to achieve daily KPIs.
- Manage operational growth and change programmes, efficiently and in line with budget.
- Coach and lead the production and warehouse teams, ensuring that all have the requisite knowledge, skills and behaviours necessary to successfully and safely operate both now and into the future
We are keen to engage with professionals skilled in managing all aspects of a busy multiline site with a particular emphasis health & safety. Ideally familiar with injection moulding, polymer manufacturing or a key market sector of automotive, logistics, retail or pharmaceutical.
You will be trained and qualified in most modern lean and ISO processes and eager to share in best practice methodologies with your global peers.
You will be comfortable in working in an environment that requires input to finance and purchase agendas, degree qualified and with international experience.
The global nature of the business culture cascades freely throughout the country subsidiaries and places great emphasis on best in class modern processes, including the continued development of individual careers.
We consider this to be a genuinely exciting and career building opportunity, suited to an energetic and engaged individual now seeking to step into a senior production role where the challenges will be arriving thick and fast, but for all the right reasons.
£ Structured to reward the best
For more information please email Mark Rowley at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference HF669