Product Manager : HF228
With a mixed portfolio of well-established products, our client is part of a profitable international group of synergistic but autonomous businesses who are accelerating their growth and business performance. Covering the health care, leisure, professional, industrial and environmental sectors, our client is primed for significant growth in international markets based on their strong reputation for innovation and reliability.
With a long history of manufacturing in the UK, our client is looking for an outstanding individual to join their senior team in this new role of Product Manager. Reporting to the Head of Marketing you will be responsible for driving the successful delivery of the product road map ensuring that the existing and future product portfolio is aligned with market trends, customer needs and wider organisational strategy.
- Take ownership of all products through the product lifecycle from initial introduction, potential investment to decline and phasing out of the product including planning any capital sums required.
- Undertake and present market analysis and business cases for new products considering customer needs and financial considerations.
- Work with customers to validate new product viability ensuring client expectations are met.
- You will deliver the yearly business plans and growth targets aligned with the regional sales teams.
- Proactively build and maintain a market intelligence portfolio of competitor products and capabilities, market trends and geographic prospects to help identify and deliver growth opportunities including pricing and product changes.
- Identify risks and develop mitigations to the successful performance of products both at top line sales and profitability levels.
- Seek out “Voice of Customer” feedback on an ongoing basis and feedback into the product development team.
- Propose and direct product line simplification, cost down initiatives and standardisation to maximise gross margin and determine where unprofitable items should be eliminated from the portfolio.
- Develop the pricing strategy for the relevant product portfolio.
- Take responsibility for continually looking for cost-down and cost-out opportunities with the product portfolio and own the pricing process for those products to deliver 100% Price Cost Recover as a minimum.
- Relevant degree or comparable experience in marketing and product management.
- Additional marketing qualifications preferred but not essential.
- Strong business acumen and commercial understanding.
- Financial management and understanding covering P&L, business case review for investment and margin management.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to create robust strategic plans with a focus on results and execution.
- The ability to influence at all levels across the business.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven judgement with an inquiring mind set.
- Skilled in Project management with ability to achieve deadlines across multiple projects.
- Technically and creatively minded.
- Excellent presentation with deep attention to detail.
Attractive Salary and Benefits Package
Interested candidates should send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Ref HF228. Should you wish to explore first though, please do feel free to call me on 07710 905882.