Operations Manager : HF327
Our client is a pre revenue, highly innovative medical device business developing non-invasive, non-destructive testing equipment and solutions for medical samples. The business is creating a diagnostic testing device that will be low cost and easy to use, combining a state-of-the-art technology with machine learning to analyse urine samples for the early detection of various illnesses. It is recognised globally that the early detection of human diseases is by far the most effective route to follow and benefits greatly the quality of life of the patient as well as reducing the high costs associated in more advanced and ongoing patient care.
Funding is secure for the developmental phase of the project and investors are committed to achieving product launch and commercial maturity. The company has already created an impressive infrastructure around software architecture, finance, R&D, manufacture and compliance but now the founder is seeking a senior business colleague to enhance all critical areas of the company as its accelerated development continues. Operating in a healthcare setting, the medical device process is highly regulated and as such, we are seeking an individual to help guide the business through this complex activity.
- Manage the daily operations and regularly evaluate the efficiency of business procedures allowing for capacity during upscaling
- Maximise efficiency and productivity through extensive process analysis and collaboration
- Develop the annual operating plans that support the company’s goals.
- Keep the MD and shareholders fully informed on the conduct of the daily operations of the company
- Lead, motivate and develop a small team of colleagues both from academia and healthcare settings
- Take ownership of all operational matters that will ensure the smooth journey to product launch
You will have:
- A technical background (university level) e.g. Physics or Electrical Engineering
- At least 10 years relevant industry experience ideally from a highly regulated environment or biomedical devices
- A deep belief in operational excellence
- Understanding of budget setting and navigation through financial controls
- The ability to adapt to a smaller yet rapidly developing organisation that continuously poses different challenges
This opportunity is highly desirable. It would suit a vastly experienced operations professional who combines structural, discipline, process and leadership experience with a mind-set that is enquiring, challenging, able to react to new and dynamic situations but above all has the deep desire to collaborate with colleagues at the top of their game. The company now has this opportunity to make a significant step forward in early human disease detection and as a pioneer in this specialised domain, plans to leave a lasting legacy for both patients and shareholders alike.
An attractive salary and package to include share options.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org