Closed to new applicants
Land and Planning Director – Deanfield Homes : HF306
With a reputation for outstanding workmanship and specifications our client, Deanfield Homes, is an award winning, fast-growing SME housebuilder creating and selling high quality residential homes in Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire and Hertfordshire. The company builds small to medium sized developments with a passion for ensuring that all its homes integrate well into established communities and are sympathetic to their environment and local architectural styles.
With excellent funding and ambitious growth plans, the company is looking to build on its impressive track record and is investing in its senior leadership team. We are seeking a progressive Land and Planning Director, reporting to the Managing Director; this key role will help to set out the strategic direction of the business and drive operational excellence across the Land and Planning team to maximise value and financial performance.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To develop, implement and maintain a land strategy for the business to ensure the land requirements of the Company are met at all times and understands its implications for all areas of the business.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to the existing land team to maximise performance and profitability, taking into consideration long, medium and short term land requirements.
- Build on existing and develop new relationships at all levels with key individuals and groups of interested parties in the land acquisition and planning process.
- Oversee the co-ordination and management of the planning application process working with key individuals both internally and externally to ensure successful, timely delivery of planning permissions.
- Ensure value improvement through intelligent land acquisition, effective management of the planning process, and cost efficiencies.
- Regularly and effectively communicate to the land team all requirements in respect of margin criteria, site selection, and contractual terms, exploring, evaluating and implementing innovative land solutions in line with the strategic aims of the business.
- Work effectively and collaboratively with the senior management team adopting a whole company perspective to decision making.
- Positively influence the progression and growth of the company.
- You will currently be operating in similar position within the construction/housebuilding sector and will be able to demonstrate extensive Land and Planning experience at a senior management/board level.
- An inspirational leader with gravitas, you will demonstrate broad operational knowledge and experience and will be capable of adding strategic value across the business with the confidence to challenge and collaborate with fellow Directors in a boardroom environment.
- You will have an existing high profile with external property contacts and will be able to demonstrate examples of effective relationships with local authorities, landowners, and other housebuilders within the company’s geographical area.
- You will be a team player and a strategic thinker with excellent communication skills with the ability to lead and develop the Land and Planning team to deliver the business plan.
- You will possess strong commercial acumen and have excellent IT/systems skills, ideally with experience of COINS or other ERP operating systems.
Competitive salary plus bonus and benefits.
For further information please contact Charles Cornwell at email@example.com
To apply – see below, please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference HF306 and giving full salary details.