Closed to new applicants
Head of R&D / Engineering : HF903
International Pharmaceutical/Industrial Equipment Manufacturer
A fantastic opportunity to create and deliver a global New Product Development strategy
Highly Attractive Salary and Benefits Package Location: Flexible within the UK
Our client is a true world leader of a range niche industrial equipment and expertise and as part of a £ billion, highly profitable stock market listed group, is looking to continue its exceptional track record of double-digit growth. With a mixed portfolio of well-established brands covering the pharmaceutical, food, chemical and environmental industries our client is recognised as a global trail blazer in new technology and manufacturing quality.
Following a recent restructure and acquisition within the group, this newly created and vital role has been introduced in order to expand their current markets through innovation and technology. With a history of technical excellence, the business is aiming to maintain its reputation as a world class manufacturing organisation and drive forward continuous improvement across all engineering departments.
• Coach, support, develop and inspire the NPD managers and their teams around the globe to become best-in-class design & engineering departments, building on a strong culture of innovation and engagement
• Reinforce the culture of accountability, quality, agility and high performance that will build on NPD excellence and implement improvements
• Encourage a philosophy for engineering best practice and lead the team in the development of products which are innovative, competitive, “designed for manufacture”, safe and legally/environmentally compliant
• Ensure the optimal application of engineering resources in order to meet product development and customer requirements and ensuring the implementation of quality processes that support technical development
• Promote and sustain the development of intellectual property (IP) and shareholder value to ensure regular drumbeat of new products / features
• Influence and effectively manage relationships with key stakeholders by working collaboratively with colleagues and customers globally
• Contribute to the Company’s ongoing commitment to continuous improvement of EHS and GEM whilst managing NPD projects and systems against delivery commitments and project plans
• Demonstrable experience in a senior Design / Engineering role, preferably within a lean manufacturing and engineering environment, and with experience of New Product Development
• Shows strong credibility among multiple stakeholders with the ability to gain strong followership. Can effectively and appropriately challenge others
• Entrepreneurial drive and ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast paced environment with a broad range of technologies
• BEng (or equivalent), ideally MEng or Chartered Engineer in a related discipline
• Curious, with the ability to effectively problem solve
• Delivery focused, organised and methodical, analytical with the ability to suspend judgement and able to respond to tight deadlines and work under pressure
A highly attractive salary, bonus and package including Healthcare and a flexible approach to ensure that we attract the correct calibre of candidate.
For further information please contact Charles Cornwell by email at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference HF903.