Closed to new applicants
Head of Operations and Supply Chain : HF819
International Pharmaceutical and Process Equipment Manufacturer.
With a mixed portfolio of well-established brands, our client is part of a €billion, highly profitable international group, and they are continuing their exceptional track record of growth. Covering the pharmaceutical, biopharma, food and drink, industrial and environmental sectors our client is a rapidly expanding success story providing its customers with world beating solutions.
With a history of double-digit growth and a clear vision for the future, our client is looking for an outstanding individual to join their senior leadership team to head up production across two business units in their critical manufacturing sites in Cornwall. Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for leading all aspects of manufacturing and supply chain activities with a combined headcount of circa 400 employees.
Demonstrating outstanding people skills, you will lead, mentor, coach, inspire and empower talented people to continuously learn, develop and achieve their full potential. With an ambition to exceed customer expectations, you will ensure a culture of continuous improvement and drive the implementation of a Lean Business strategy.
You will hold overall responsibility for Manufacturing and Supply Chain activities and teams across the business, including the monitoring and management of budgets and operational performance.
- You will create an environment where everyone can thrive; providing feedback, mentoring and coaching to support continuous development and instil a culture of empowerment across your teams.
- You will develop SMART objectives for and with team colleagues and departments to aid and improve business performance.
- You will develop and implement a best practice manufacturing and supply chain vision, along with the processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance.
- As the Head of Operations and Supply, you will deputise for the Managing Director during periods of absence and holidays and/or attend key meetings and events on their behalf as and when required.
- With a keen eye for continuous improvement and efficiency, you will work closely with the Continuous Improvement Lead to direct and successfully implement a Lean Business strategy to achieve best in practice.
- In collaboration with the Finance Business Partner and department leads, you will develop the annual budget and forecasts, along with all Capital Expenditure proposals and in line with all legal requirements and standards.
- You will collaborate with relevant production managers and teams to measure product sales and profitability.
- In collaboration with the Sales Support Manager, you will prioritise product production to ensure that customer orders and expectations are consistently achieved.
- You will proactively contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on manufacturing and supply chain activities.
- You will identify what and where infrastructure improvements are required, developing the business case to achieve the required investment.
- Using your leadership and project management skills, you will deliver timely and in budget support so we meet our corporate objectives.
- Demonstrable experience of leading manufacturing and supply chain functions with a proven track record in strategic manufacturing and supply chain strategies, processes and systems.
- Ideally, you will hold a degree level qualification in a relevant engineering/manufacturing discipline or gained the equivalent direct on the job experience.
- Have a strong and highly developed business acumen, gained through practical experience and/or a formal Business Management qualification.
- Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to optimise team performance and development.
- A highly skilled and confident negotiator, with the ability to negotiate at all levels.
- Fosters a culture of Diversity and Inclusion.
- Shows strong credibility among multiple stakeholders across the organisation with the ability to gain strong followership
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Excellent problem solving abilities.
- Resilient, self-motivated and thrives in a fast paced environment.
- With the drive and aspirations to join a global stock market listed organisation and deliver outstanding results in order to develop your own career and develop others to create a wider succession plan
A highly attractive salary, a management bonus and package including Healthcare and a flexible approach to ensure that we attract the correct calibre of candidate. There is also a generous relocation assistance package where necessary.
Please apply below enclosing your CV and covering letter quoting reference HF819. For further information please contact Charles Cornwell by email at email@example.com quoting reference HF819.