Closed to new applicants
Global Business Development Manager – Pharmaceutical and BioTech : HF486
International Pharmaceutical and BioTech Equipment Manufacturer
With a mixed portfolio of well-established brands, our client is part of a €billion, highly profitable international group, and they are continuing their exceptional track record of growth. Covering the pharmaceutical, biopharma, food and drink, industrial and environmental sectors our client is a rapidly expanding success story providing its customers with world beating solutions.
With a history of double-digit growth and a clear vision for the future, our client is looking for an outstanding individual to join their Global Business Development team. Reporting to the Head of Global Business Development you will be responsible for global strategic account management, designing and leading new business development campaigns and creating leads in the Biotech & Pharmaceutical sectors.
To achieve strategic objectives you will collaborate with regional tactical business development and direct sales teams to enable the delivery of Total Customer Solutions across the Pharmaceutical and BioTech portfolio.
Additionally you will manage global key accounts, cultivate strategic alliances, new market channels and identify potential new acquisitions.
- Define one year, 2-3 year and 5 year global sector strategic business development strategies, underpinned by tangible market data. Identify growth opportunities through collaborating with Tactical Regional Business Development Managers and operational Sales.
- Lead global strategic key account teams, overseeing strategic account development plans, value chain management, price negotiations and commercial framework agreements for designated Global Strategic Key Accounts in your sector.
- Build and sustain a network of Global Strategic Key Account upper management contacts that will lever portfolio specification, award of contracts and tenders and value chain dependencies.
- Develop Total Solution Provision selling capability, working closely with Sector managers and Supply to deliver market leading Customer Value Propositions.
- Track emerging sector trends and formulate strategies to capitalize upon them. Communicate sector intelligence, customer buying behaviour and objectives to the Marketing Directorate.
- Generate and pre-qualify new project leads to build the sales pipeline with existing and new customers and identify strategic targets.
- Provide company acquisition support to expand the group.
- Define and contribute to Sector business development campaigns with content aligned to target customer micro-segments.
- Collaborate with Global Marketing Services and Marketing Communications to ensure brand marketing drives sales growth in target segments
- Demonstrable experience in commercial management including direct sales and regional key account management of a technical product portfolio
- Experience of Biopharmaceuticals, Upstream and Downstream bioprocess and commercial manufacturing
- Leadership skills to engage with and influence Regional Sales Managers, Regional Business Development Managers, and Regional Sales Company GM’s to adopt business development initiatives and achieve sales targets
- Entrepreneurial drive and ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast paced environment with a broad range of technologies
- Ideal candidates will be able to demonstrate their ability and experience of developing strategic relationships with clients, finding new ways to add significant value to the client’s agenda
- With the drive and aspirations to join a global stock market listed organisation and deliver outstanding results in order to develop your own career and develop others to create a wider succession plan
A highly attractive salary, a sales growth related bonus and package including Healthcare and a flexible approach to ensure that we attract the correct calibre of candidate.
Please apply below including your CV and quoting reference HF486