Closed to new applicants
European COO/General Manager : HF158
International Pharmaceutical and Industrial Equipment Manufacturer
With a mixed portfolio of well-established brands, our client is part of a €billion, highly profitable international group, and despite the global impact of Covid 19 they are continuing their exceptional track record of growth. Covering the industrial, pharmaceutical, biopharma, food and drink and environmental sectors our client is a rapidly expanding success story providing its customers with world beating solutions.
With a history of double-digit growth and a clear vision for the future, our client is looking for an outstanding individual to join their senior leadership team. This is a newly created role to provide the leadership and vision for its Northern European manufacturing and commercial businesses as well as delivering critical global strategic objectives.
Key initiatives include manufacturing excellence, sustainability directives and commercial responsibility for inter-group sales and historic distributor or direct customer sales. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an ever-growing international business and deliver strategic change.
- Working across four manufacturing sites, lead on the development and implementation of a European manufacturing and supply strategic plan, focussed on customer and stakeholder expectations, aligned with the wider business strategy.
- Deliver key manufacturing and supply projects and implement tactical initiatives in various Northern European countries as required.
- Oversee strategic and performance management and drive excellence in all European based sites, including all aspects of manufacturing, materials planning, purchasing, material cost, scheduling, logistics and accuracy to ensure that customer orders are fulfilled on time.
- Responsible for the delivery of sales and profitability growth to plan, while keeping within the overall policies and strategies of the Group, with full responsibility for P&L including control of costs and capital expenditure to within budget.
- Work closely with the new Head of Supply Excellence to develop and implement common best practice processes and principles across the sites in Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory and Cost, through review of external trends and external networks.
- Collaborate strongly as part of the Global Leadership Team in key initiatives across the wider Group including critical sustainability programmes and HSE activities
- Act as a coach and mentor to your team, supporting them to develop their talent and ensure the integrity and appropriateness of all deliverables.
- Strong multi-site leadership skills, manufacturing excellence, stakeholder management and a commercial mindset. Exposure to regulated markets such as the pharmaceutical or biopharma or wider industrial sectors.
- Experience in driving growth and scaling up manufacturing to deliver effective expansion and change in all elements of the business. Full P&L responsibility for manufacturing environments.
- Exhibits professionalism and ethical practice, professional courage and influence, valuing people, working inclusively, commercial drive, passion for learning, insights focused and situational decision making.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of the organisation and across different cultures with strong stakeholder management, interpersonal and collaboration skills with the ability to gain strong followership.
- With the drive and aspirations to join a global stock market listed organisation and deliver outstanding results in order to develop your own career and develop others to create a wider succession plan.
A highly attractive salary, bonus and senior leadership package and a flexible approach to ensure that we attract the correct calibre of candidate.
Please apply below including your CV and quoting reference HF158