Engineering Manager : HF215
Our client is a leading player in medical education, developing and manufacturing pioneering training products for the healthcare and surgical sectors. Central to the company`s global success has been the quality and innovation of its design and manufacturing capability, resulting in the group winning many awards. The company designed and opened a brand new purpose built factory three years ago, allowing it to plan and execute its next stage of development. In order to deliver this growth in production capability, the group now seek to appoint a talented and experienced Engineering Manager who will play a leading role in the successful manufacture of the company’s existing product range and in the introduction of new products.
Reporting to the Operations Director, you will;
- Lead operational engineering to ensure manufacturing productivity, the successful introduction of new products and existing production tool design.
- Oversee the installation, maintenance and improvement of facilities and equipment.
- Ensure the adherence of health, safety and environmental requirements.
- Implement and manage continuous improvement principles and develop training paths where needed.
- Manage the departmental budget and report monthly on variances between budget and forecast.
- Identify and develop the technical skills, resource levels and systems needed in order to deliver projects across the function.
- Lead your team from the front and manage staff with individually set objectives via performance reviews and training programmes. This will create a genuine sense of belonging and pride across the engineering team structure.
You will have well-rounded production engineering and technical skills, be familiar with varied manufacturing processes, lean principles, 2D and 3D printing, and be an experienced CAD user, preferably Solidworks. You should also be able to evidence experience with tool design and ideally an understanding of a plastics manufacturing process. Your people management qualities will be evident by the success you have achieved across previous teams and you will be familiar in working with modern quality, health and safety compliance standards.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a team with genuine vision and desire to be the best. With the medical training market expanding globally by 12% per annum and based on impressive growth figures over the past 4 years, manufacturing excellence is high on the company agenda and the leadership team will recognise success in this role.
For more information please email Mark Rowley at email@example.com quoting reference HF215