Closed to new applicants
Clerk / CEO : HF210
An outstanding opportunity to apply your leadership and interpersonal skills in a forward looking livery company with an extensive heritage.
Granted the Royal Charter in 1453, the Armourers and Brasiers’ Company (https://www.armourershall.co.uk/) is an outstanding livery company with its orgins in the manufacturing of armour in the city of London. Today it provides fellowship to those in the field of metallurgy and material science, and direct philanthropic support to training, education and development in this vital field, as well as supporting charities and military organisations.
With around 315 members, its own Grade II* listed hall, and governed by a Court of up to 21, the Company has strategic partnerships with numerous commercial organisations and Universities, with an annual income of c.£1m. The culture is collegiate, warm and down to earth with strong family values.
- Lead, support and inspire the staff of eight to implement the work of the Company as determined by the Court.
- Ensure the smooth operation and administration of c.27 committee meetings during the course of the year, in particular supporting the Master.
- Contribute to the seamless running of high quality internal and commercial events at the Hall to aid members and partners, and represent the Company at a significant number of external events.
- Actively support the work of the charitable arm of the Company and be responsible for the management of the financial affairs of the Company.
- Strong leadership experience across the full functional range expected in a Small and Medium Enterprise.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to liaise with staff, members, the Court and external partners.
- Self confident and outgoing persona who enjoys ceremonial duties and events.
- Organised and efficient with a high attention to detail.
Very competitive salary and pension plus benefits
Closing date for applications is Monday 24 October. For more information, please email email@example.com