Closed to new applicants
Chief Operating Officer : HF752
An outstanding opportunity to apply your leadership and organisation skills in a fast paced, dynamic national charity.
Action for M.E. supports people with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (M.E. also sometimes called Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or CFS) to secure the care and support they need, at the same time as raising understanding of the disease and investing in research to develop a greater understanding of the illness. Founded in 1987, it has merged with three other M.E. related charities in the last six years, and played a leading role in advising the government to commit to developing a national delivery plan for M.E. earlier this year.
The staff team is c.40 strong and income is typically well over £1m per annum – it provides services direct to those with the illness through information, direct medical interventions and support. Incredibly fast paced in an environment of significant change, the head office is near Bristol, with the team based flexibly and remotely across the UK, in the main.
- Lead, support and inspire the senior leadership team of up to five to drive the day to day operations of the charity.
- Employ strategic financial acumen to ensure the Charity fulfils its purpose in a sustainable manner and all financial procedures are robust.
- Refine and adjust the implementation of the communications and public affairs strategy as circumstances demand.
- Support the CEO with an extensive and demanding external stakeholder engagement programme.
- Extensive leadership and management experience, ideally in the charitable sector. Able to inspire and manage a diverse team across a range of functions.
- A proven ability to provide strategic financial commentary to the Trustee board, possibly as a qualified accountant.
- Expertise of communications and public affairs to drive awareness of an issue is an advantage.
- An empathy with the purpose and cause of the charity.
Very competitive salary plus benefits, Flexible location
To apply see below – please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference HF752 and giving full salary details. You can also apply via www.hanoverfox.com.
For more information, please email email@example.com