Chief Financial Officer – Wessex Archaeology
Looking for a new challenge in your finance career? An outstanding opportunity to apply your strategic finance skills in a highly commercial charitable organisation specialising in archaeological and heritage services.
£70k to £80k plus benefits with the head office based in Salisbury.
Wessex Archaeology is the UK’s leading provider of archaeological and heritage services, and an educational charity.
Established over 40 years ago, they offer a range of fee-generating services above ground, below ground and underwater, delivered by over 300 industry experts from a UK wide and international network of offices. Housing, infrastructure and renewable energy are three of their biggest focus sectors. The Trustee board is seven strong, and they had an income of £22m to year end in 2022.
THE ROLE – CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
- Have strategic oversight and leadership of all the financial aspects of the organisation, giving regular reports to the Trustee board.
- Be visible, with a clear voice and entrepreneurial spirit, contributing strategically to the future direction of the organisation with the executive team of five and wider leadership team.
- Lead the improvement and development of financial accounting processes, policies and management information systems.
- Oversee the monthly, quarterly and annual cycle of budget setting and management accounts.
- Inspire, lead and manage the finance team of five and a business support team of seven.
- The ideal candidate must have strong financial expertise at the heart of their experience and be a qualified accountant (ACA,ACCA,CIMA).
- They will be experienced in leading and managing finance functions in a commercial environment and have excellent commercial acumen.
- Experience of handling engineering based contracts in the construction sector will be an advantage, along with project accountancy principles.
- First class leadership, management, systems and communication skills will be needed to provide clarity of purpose and support for the team and wider organisation.
Please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com quoting reference HF408 and giving full salary details. You can also apply via www.hanoverfox.com. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org