Closed to new applicants
Chief Executive Officer
The Royal Agricultural Society of England (RASE) (www.rase.org.uk) is an independent charity dedicated to the application of science and technology to optimise agriculture, land management and food resources. Its sister charity, Innovation for Agriculture (IFA) www.innovationforagriculture.org.uk connects farmers with farming research, working with leading agricultural researchers, businesses, landowners, and farmers to develop the knowledge and technologies that will make modern farming more sustainable, resilient, and productive. The Chief Executive will work seamlessly across both charities.
- Develop the strategies for both RASE and its sister charity, Innovation for Agriculture (IFA), in conjunction with the Trustees, and then implement them.
- Develop a sustainable programme of income generation, with existing and new donors/ supporters.
- Run both charities effectively and lead their combined professional staff of c.14. Oversee the property portfolio at Stoneleigh and complex multi-party research contracts.
- Develop and expand the Charities’ reputation and influence in the wider Agri-food sector, and promote both Charities work with government and other stakeholders.
- Science educational background to degree standard.
- Experience of managing a commercial enterprise or similar organisation.
- Understanding of and enthusiasm for agriculture, food production, land husbandry.
- Experience of fundraising and engagement with supporters and donors including members, donors and state bodies.
Competitive salary and benefits, Stoneleigh/hybrid working
To apply, please either visit https://www.hanoverfox.com/services/vacancies/view-vacancies/ or email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference HF642 and enclosing a covering letter.