Closed to new applicants
Chair : The Royal Agricultural Society of England : HF235
“With huge demands on agriculture and food production due to global population growth and climate change, pressure on the farming community remains challenging”.
The Royal Agricultural Society of England (RASE) (www.rase.org.uk) is an independent charity dedicated to the application of science and technology to optimise agriculture and food resources. Granted a Royal Charter in 1840, it communicates and encourages the use of innovations of real commercial value to farmers, through research, awards and events.
- Lead, manage and inspire the Trustees and Chief Executive to fulfil the objectives of the charity.
- Act as an ambassador for the Society across the complex stakeholder environment for Agriculture in England.
- Foster sustainable development and growth by developing a clear strategic plan and purpose for the Society that reflects its holistic position in the sector.
- Oversee the management of the asset base (property and events) of the Society for best effect.
- Demonstrable experience of developing strategies and managing their implementation, but also happy to get hands dirty when needed.
- Outstanding leadership and management skills and experience of managing change, possibly honed in an executive role. Experience of a charity environment will be an advantage.
- Bring an empathy and enthusiasm for Agriculture and Innovation.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills suitable for an ambassadorial role.
The role will suit a candidate just leaving an Executive position and starting a non-executive career. There will be an annual honorarium of £10k plus reasonable travel expenses.
For further information please contact Phil de Glanville by email at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference HF235.