Closed to new applicants
CEO/Secretary – Royal Cornwall Agricultural Association
An outstanding opportunity to apply your leadership skills in a long standing and financially robust charitable organisation that promotes the benefits of agriculture and associated industries within Cornwall.
£77k plus car and house on site, Wadebridge, Cornwall.
The Royal Cornwall Agricultural Association (RCAA) are the organisers of the annual Royal Cornwall Show, with agriculture at its core. They also support multiple community events at the Royal Cornwall Events Centre and run an outreach education programme in schools across the county.
The RCAA was established in 1793, and has been a registered charity since 1926.
Governed by a Council, with a revenue of £2.7m in the year ending September 2022, the association is in a strong financial position providing a springboard for future developments.
The current long standing Secretary/CEO will retire in 2024 after a distinguished career and this is an opportunity to drive the agricultural industry in one of the most iconic counties in the country.
THE ROLE – CEO/SECRETARY
- Lead the development of a refreshed mission and vision and underpinning strategic plan for the association.
- Support the governance review (led by the chair) of the association to ensure it is fit for purpose as a modern charity delivering on its charitable objectives.
- Lead and manage the small staff team and extensive volunteer network to deliver the Royal Cornwall Show annually to exacting high standards.
- Manage the association’s resources (income, staff, volunteers and brand presence) to best effect.
- Will come from the Agricultural/Rural sector in its widest sense and have an understanding of farming communities and how they work.
- An experienced senior leader already, with proven leadership and management experience.
- Bring emotional intelligence to interact with a wide range of people as a real ‘people person’.
- Charitable experience is an advantage, either direct or as a Trustee.
Closing date for applications – 15 January 2024
For more information, please email email@example.com