Closed to new applicants
CEO : HF685
The Not Forgotten Association (NFA), established in 1920, is a unique national tri-service charity which provides entertainment, leisure and recreation to the serving wounded, injured or sick and for ex-servicemen and women with disabilities. Through a wide and varied programme the NFA’s events and activities are available to anyone whose life has been affected by conflict or by subsequent injury.
Its motto is ‘From comradeship to challenge’ and it uses a full range of activities to help reduce loneliness and isolation and encourage former services personnel to stay in contact with each other.
The charity employs c.10 staff and had an income of £995,221 in the Covid affected year to March 2021 (£1.768m in the previous year to 2020)
- To take an active part in the organisation and delivery of as many events as possible, communicating with the beneficiaries at the events themselves and helping ensure the smooth delivery of those events.
- To fundraise by building a network and being an effective networker for raising funds and in-kind support for the charity and maintaining close relationships with existing funders.
- To manage the team of employees and volunteers by bringing an engaging, enthusiastic and collaborative leadership ethos to get the best out of the small team.
- To manage the charity within the charitable governance framework set by the Charity Commission.
- Will have served in one of the three Services for at least part of his/her career, and may have worked for a significant period outside the Services, possibly in the charity sector
- Will have the ability to lead a small team of employees and volunteers with energy, enthusiasm and empathy.
- Must have a real and demonstrable desire to work in the charity sector and to be involved with both beneficiaries at all levels and at all events and with current and potential funders and other supporters.
- Will have a strong understanding of financial budgeting, planning and organising
The role is based at the NFA’s London offices at 14, Buckingham Palace Road, London, and will require travel throughout the UK and occasionally abroad, especially for events.
An outstanding package with a competitive salary, pension and other benefits, with flexibility to ensure an outstanding candidate.
Please apply below enclosing your CV and covering letter quoting reference HF685 and giving full salary details. You can also apply via www.hanoverfox.com. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is Tuesday 12 April