UK Finance Director/Head of FP&A (Transport Technology and Infrastructure)
- Title: UK Finance Director/Head of FP&A (Transport Technology and Infrastructure)
- Salary: Attractive Six-Figure Salary
- Location: London
- Benefits: Senior Leadership Bonus + Benefits package
- Contact: Charles Cornwell
- Reference: W/B696
This vacancy is now complete
Looking for active jobs?
Our client is a global market leader in technology and infrastructure projects for the transportation market. Following several defining projects in the UK our client is uniquely placed to capitalise on major UK infrastructure and construction projects in the transport arena. Dealing with £100 million+ projects the UK has the full backing and support of the global group.
Reporting to the European FD and based in London with necessary international travel.
- Lead the 5-year strategic plan, working with the wider organisation to incorporate business objectives and new business initiatives.
- Manage the budget and mid-term planning process including developing guidance, holding business reviews, communicating with the senior leadership team and preparation of presentation materials for key stakeholders.
- Act as the senior company business partner, leading the engagement with senior cross-functional stakeholders to generate value and embed change.
- Manage the monthly performance analysis process, providing timely insight to senior management including any impact on full year results.
- Detailed analysis of the cash and working capital performance of the business on both the Direct and Indirect method of accounting.
- Responsible for the financial management of SG&A, Bid costs, Shared Services and Direct cost centres.
- Set and deliver the strategic direction for company-wide performance analysis.
- Acting as a key decision support for the business, including attendance and presentation at the board on behalf of the European Finance Director.
- Ad-hoc financial reporting and analysis as required.
- Manage and develop the FP&A team (1x FP&A Manager + 2x FP&A Business Partners).
- Perform as an operational leader; give a clear vision for the future to the UK finance team and give confidence to key stakeholders in the UK and the global group.
- Experience of managing budgets, long term accounting principles, high value contracts and strong commercial nous.
- Knowledge of recharge cost absorption environments is a necessity.
- Experience of managing stakeholder relationships.
- A knowledge or exposure to the wider global corporate manufacturing or other long-term project or infrastructure markets is crucial.
- Fully qualified (ACA or CIMA affiliation) with senior-level experience of management of people and resources.
- Well developed level of commercial and financial awareness and able to implement new systems and procedures.
- Experience of developing collaborative relationships and high levels of internal customer service.
- Excellent leadership skills. Able to direct meetings and group discussions in order to lead teams through change processes.
- Highly self-motivated and autonomous and capable of developing a team and drive continual improvement.
Read our Success Stories
Find out how our candidates got on:
Interested in other opportunities?
We welcome direct speculative approaches from potential candidates. If you would like to submit your CV it will be reviewed by a member of the team and kept on our database.