Principal, Building Crafts College
- Title: Principal, Building Crafts College
- Salary: Highly Competitive Salary
- Location: Stratford, London
- Benefits: Significant Benefits
- Contact: Phil de Glanville
- Reference: W/L600
This vacancy is now complete
Looking for active jobs?
Founded by the Worshipful Company of Carpenters in 1893, the Building Crafts College has a long tradition of delivering high quality education and training in building crafts and building conservation. The student population is diverse with a wide range of ages and backgrounds and courses from level 1 to degree level, with around 500 students and 60 staff in total. Carpentry & Fine Woodwork, Stonemasonry, Building Conservation and other Construction-related courses are at the heart of the vocational provision.
The Building Crafts College is constituted as an educational charity and is governed and financially supported by the Worshipful Company of Carpenters, with a Governing Body of fourteen. The £2m total annual income is derived from public and charitable sources along with fees. The College relocated to its current site in Stratford, East London in 2001.
- Provide the leadership and public face of the College to ensure its effective performance for the benefit of students, staff and employers.
- Direct responsibility for the development and management of the College’s curriculum and teaching.
- Partnership development with external funding & awarding bodies and organisations involved in construction, to explore joint collaborations, new courses and future initiatives.
- Inspire and motivate the College Management Team to keep improving the quality of provision and financial sustainability of the College.
- The gravitas to lead and represent the College strategically, coupled with attention to detail and a willingness to get hands on with day-to-day activities.
- An excellent understanding of curriculum provision and curriculum development to meet the needs of all students and their prospective employers.
- Hands on experience of motivating and managing staff at all levels and providing inspirational leadership.
- An understanding of key stakeholders in the education system and the ability to forge strong relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, both local and national.
- A natural communicator with the ability to build a rapport swiftly at all levels, both internally and externally.
Read our Success Stories
Find out how our candidates got on:
Interested in other opportunities?
We welcome direct speculative approaches from potential candidates. If you would like to submit your CV it will be reviewed by a member of the team and kept on our database.