- Title: Commercial Director
- Salary: Attractive Salary and Benefits Package
- Location: Cornwall
- Contact: Neil Watkins
- Reference: W/B982
This vacancy is now complete
Looking for active jobs?
Unique role to develop and expand this iconic luxury brand
Our client is a living and working private Cornish estate, with a rich history dating back to the 14th century. It has the largest historic, botanic garden in Cornwall whose character was formed over two hundred years ago. Today, this thriving business has persevered in pioneering botanical firsts, within their unique micro-climate, by building a range of high quality, luxury products that have widespread distribution in the UK and overseas. For the last 15 years, the core brand has gained a reputation for premium, English quality and is now ripe for further expansion and development that the owners regard as vital to their increased drive for commercial growth. As well as the core brands there are other products that exploit their unique growing conditions which are also ready to be introduced on a wider scale with carefully targeted investments.
The successful candidate will enjoy working in a unique and high quality environment that connects strongly with nature but demands the commercial rigour needed in today’s premium sector.
- Reporting to the Managing Director of the Trading business, the incumbent will manage all aspects of the trading business in order to achieve budgeted sales and profit targets.
- Provide effective relationship management with existing clients through a recently introduced CRM system as well as providing leadership and direction to the sales team.
- Prepare annual budgets, quarterly board reports, control pricing and margins to achieve budgets plus advising on corrective action if required.
- Liaise with all other departments to ensure smooth running and efficiency of the wider business.
- Assist in increasing export sales through winning new clients, either supplying directly or through new distribution channels.
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent.
- Self-assured, emotionally intelligent and with leadership skills which bring out the best from a talented team.
- Possess an innate ability to develop and build a business through a structured and systematic process.
- Familiar with the challenges associated with marketing a premium brand or service.
- A strong affinity with the environment and its values and lifestyle.
Read our Success Stories
Find out how our candidates got on:
Interested in other opportunities?
We welcome direct speculative approaches from potential candidates. If you would like to submit your CV it will be reviewed by a member of the team and kept on our database.