Chief Operating Officer
- Title: Chief Operating Officer
- Type: Executive search-led hybrid
- Salary: Attractive Salary
- Location: Swindon/Wiltshire
- Benefits: Bonus + Benefits package
This vacancy is now complete
Looking for active jobs?
Our client is a highly respected manufacturer of state-of-the-art technical capital equipment for a diverse range of sectors and industries including the semiconductor, automotive, aerospace and photonics markets. With the backing of a highly ambitious international group, this progressive company is now looking to embark on the next exciting stages of evolution in the UK. As part of strategic growth plans, the board are seeking a commercially minded individual to join as Chief Operating Officer to initially develop the Sales and Marketing strategy of the business, with the prospect of succeeding the Managing Director on his retirement in the first quarter of 2020.
- Working as a key part of the senior management team and in tandem with the Managing Director in order to shape the strategic direction of the company, the successful individual will;
- Lead, coach and develop the existing sales team. Ensure Business Development activity is focussed to maximise revenue and capitalise on the potential within the market.
- Effectively liaise with key customers and wider group contacts in order to exceed company objectives and to build on an outstanding international reputation.
- Ensure transparent and supportive communication between the Manufacturing and Sales and Marketing functions.
- Work on an effective transfer of knowledge within the business from the current Managing Director to enable a smooth transition to a new leadership team.
- A driven and talented individual with a proven record of accomplishment in Business Development, Team and Revenue growth with the capability and desire to develop the company’s international reputation.
- Experience gained within a complex manufacturing environment combined with an entrepreneurial flair in order to spot new opportunities for the business.
- Demonstrable experience of driving the strategic direction of a business with strong leadership and motivational skills with the gravitas and energy to make an impact.
- Commercially savvy, numerate and technically knowledgeable with the ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders alike. High degree of personal integrity.
Read our Success Stories
Find out how our candidates got on:
Interested in other opportunities?
We welcome direct speculative approaches from potential candidates. If you would like to submit your CV it will be reviewed by a member of the team and kept on our database.