- Title: Chief Executive
- Salary: Attractive Package
- Location: London
- Contact: Sue Harvey
- Reference: W/B930
This vacancy is now complete
Looking for active jobs?
Each year, more than 50,000 people enjoy the range of sociable walking, outdoor and leisure activity holidays offered by this multi award-winning organisation. With an annual turnover of around £30million, HF Holidays manage 18 Country Houses – 14 of which they own – located in some of the most beautiful and scenic areas of the UK. HF Holidays also operate escorted group holidays in over 40 destinations in Europe and across the world through a network of partner hotels. With a guest satisfaction score of 98% and recommendation levels of 99%, repeat business is high. HF Holidays Ltd is a co-operative owned by its 39,000 loyal members who share the ethos of sociable enjoyment of the great outdoors. The Society has been through a period of improvement and renewal and with most of the basics in place, they are now seeking a Chief Executive who can develop and refine the strategy to take the Society forward into a long-term future. This is an exciting opportunity to drive the development of a highly successful organisation with huge potential.
- Working closely with a 12-member Board of Directors elected to represent the members of the Society. Based in Elstree (London) with responsibility for the Penrith office (Cumbria), extensive travel throughout the UK will be required.
- Managing HF Holidays Ltd and providing inspirational leadership to the executive team to develop and deliver the business strategy in accordance with the policies and strategic direction agreed by the Board.
- Optimising the financial performance and efficiency of the business, driving forward a strategy that will deliver growth and increased market share, maintain high levels of customer satisfaction, attract the next generation of guests and develop the membership base, building loyalty and share investment.
- Developing and protecting the ethos and brand equity of HF Holidays, whilst complying with the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act of 2014.
- Senior general management experience, ideally in the holiday and/or leisure sectors, and demonstrable success in leadership of strategy development and implementation, business improvement and financial delivery.
- Track record at Board level or equivalent of leading a successful multi-site organisation of a comparable size and complexity.
- Possessing financial acumen and marketing expertise. Evidence of leadership on the strategic development of a leisure/travel or other consumer product or service which has resulted in expanding the customer base.
- Entrepreneurial, analytical thinker with a collaborative and open management style. Excellent motivator and strong communicator, ideally with a love of the outdoors and interest in walking.
Read our Success Stories
Find out how our candidates got on:
Interested in other opportunities?
We welcome direct speculative approaches from potential candidates. If you would like to submit your CV it will be reviewed by a member of the team and kept on our database.