- Title: Non-Executive Chairman
- Type: Advertised selection
- Location: Norwich
- Contact: Peter Fenton
- Reference: W/L184
Categories: Third Sector
This vacancy is now complete
Looking for active jobs?
The Institute of Food Research (www.ifr.ac.uk) is the only publicly funded UK research institute addressing the fundamental science underpinning food and health. It has strong links with the food manufacturing and retail industries and is well networked with relevant academic centres both in the UK and overseas. The new Chair joins IFR at an exciting time as it plays an important role in developing the Norwich Research Park into a world class research and innovation centre.
- Lead the board and guide the members of the senior management team in the development and monitoring of strategic business plans. Ensure the board fulfils its responsibilities for the performance and governance of the organisation.
- Provide leadership and support to the Chief Executive to ensure that the Institute operates in accordance with the agreed science strategy.
- Work in partnership with its members and other stakeholders including associated entities on Norwich Research Park whilst promoting the best interests of the Institute.
- Ensure the institute operates in a sustainable manner with levels of income to support future investment in staff and facilities for long term success.
- Act as a key ambassador for the Institute. Further enhance its profile as an international centre of excellence.
- Strategic thinker and inspirational leader with well developed commercial acumen and sound business credentials.
- Excellent team player and collaborative communicator, articulate and persuasive with proven non-executive director track record.
- Clear thinker with the ability to take a full business overview. Determined and politically adept.
- Experience of food or health arenas, private and public sectors desirable. Understanding of the science and research world advantageous.
- Ideally lives within a reasonable distance of Norwich.
Read our Success Stories
Find out how our candidates got on:
Interested in other opportunities?
We welcome direct speculative approaches from potential candidates. If you would like to submit your CV it will be reviewed by a member of the team and kept on our database.