National Director, England
- Title: National Director, England
- Type: Advertisement-led hybrid
- Salary: Attractive Package
- Location: Flexible Location
- Contact: Charles Cornwell
- Reference: W/L086
This vacancy is now complete
Looking for active jobs?
Sustrans is a leading UK charity with the vision of making it easier for people to walk and cycle. Their aim is to encourage people to live a happier and healthier lifestyle, promoting greener local environments and creating stronger economies and communities. Established in 1977 and best known for the development and operation of the National Cycle Network, this innovative and collaborative organisation is seeking an inspirational leader to influence and deliver key policies and projects.
- Proactively build and enhance relationships with funding bodies, local and national government and the media in order to generate income, raise the profile of the organisation and influence policy to promote walking and cycling in England
- Provide strategic direction for initiatives. Lead and motivate a team of three Directors covering the North, South and Midlands & East and a multi-site team in excess of 130 to ensure client projects are delivered on time, on budget and to maximum impact
- As a key member of the senior Executive team, shape the culture and deliver change within Sustrans. Develop team capability, enhancing skills and performance
- Develop new ideas and innovate in order to deliver increased income generation based on market needs and move towards a sustainable self-financing position
- Politically astute thought leader with the experience, personal energy and gravitas to influence policy at the highest levels. The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator and networker, be good at fostering relationships and excel at operating strategically
- A track record of creating strong internal and external partnerships with shared objectives and the provision of excellent customer service to deliver outstanding outcomes to all parties
- Change agent with the dynamism and strength of character to deliver improvement initiatives. Leadership and motivational skills with the ability to make an impact with internal and external stakeholders alike
- A passion for health, the environment or transport and committed to the Sustrans vision for the UK
Read our Success Stories
Find out how our candidates got on:
Interested in other opportunities?
We welcome direct speculative approaches from potential candidates. If you would like to submit your CV it will be reviewed by a member of the team and kept on our database.