- Title: Managing Director
- Type: Advertised selection
- Salary: Highly Attractive Salary & Benefits
- Location: Norfolk
- Contact: Peter Fenton / Richard Langton
- Reference: B800
Categories: Rural/Agri-businesses and Landed Estates
This vacancy is now complete
Looking for active jobs?
Exceptional opportunity to take leadership of the Holkham Estate with one of Britain’s most important stately homes at its heart. A diversified multi-million pound business comprising a range of profitable rural enterprises. (www.holkham.co.uk)
- Deliver against the current strategy to ensure sustainable business growth and profit enhancement. Develop compelling proposals for investment both on and off the Estate.
- Ensure the values, behaviours and operations of all parts of the Estate support its ambition to be an exemplar business within the sector.
- Promote a culture of capability development and inclusiveness to ensure the Estate’s position as a regional employer of choice.
- Commercially-focussed general manager with an inclusive but clear management style. Experienced business leader with an affinity for the countryside and a business’s place within the community.
- Accomplished commercial skills and a track record of operational delivery, including within consumer-facing businesses. Ability to reconcile the competing demands of visitor delight and historical preservation.
- Diplomat with the gravitas befitting an ambassador for the Estate. Character and personality to deal with responsibilities effectively with grace, patience and humour.
Read our Success Stories
Find out how our candidates got on:
Interested in other opportunities?
We welcome direct speculative approaches from potential candidates. If you would like to submit your CV it will be reviewed by a member of the team and kept on our database.