- Title: Managing Director
- Salary: Attractive Salary + Bonus and Benefits
- Location: Scotland
- Contact: Peter Fenton
- Reference: W/L066
This vacancy is now complete
Looking for active jobs?
Exceptional opportunity to take leadership and create a thriving Estate in the Scottish Highlands. Working in partnership with a family-held, globally recognised group, this role seeks an entrepreneurially minded individual to build a robust set of diverse businesses thereby creating a benchmark for the corporate ownership of land-based assets which delivers value to all key stakeholders.
- Create a new model for Estate Management in the 21st Century by working in partnership with the national, regional and provincial partners as well as the local community to ensure consistent and sustainable value is delivered to all parties.
- Optimise the performance of all elements of the Estate. Devise and deliver strategy to achieve agreed goals, over both the short and long-term.
- Promote sustainable growth through creative marketing activity and exercising financial rigor. Propose and implement compelling investment plans to maximise Return on Investment.
- Develop team capability, enhancing skills and performance. Deliver and lead best practice people management, ensuring the estate’s position as a regional employer of choice.
- Financially focussed general manager with inclusive but clear management style. Experienced business leader; strong affinity with the countryside and community.
- Exceptional commercial skills across wider business areas, ideally including property, leisure and retail. Management of multi-site activities is a pre-requisite. Must be versatile and demonstrate flexibility to stay the course.
- Ambassador for the family, business and local community. The individual will require the competence, perceptiveness and humility to carefully manage and negotiate successful outcomes for all key stakeholders to deliver long-term value.
Read our Success Stories
Find out how our candidates got on:
Interested in other opportunities?
We welcome direct speculative approaches from potential candidates. If you would like to submit your CV it will be reviewed by a member of the team and kept on our database.