- Title: Logistics Director
- Type: Executive search
- Salary: Excellent Incentivised Package
- Location: West Midlands based
- Contact: Charles Cornwell
- Reference: W/B715
Categories: Transport, Logistics and Infrastructure
This vacancy is now complete
Looking for active jobs?
Our client is the market leader specialising in the national collection and recycling of hazardous workshop waste and the provision of associated waste management services.
Due to changes within the Executive team, our client is looking to recruit a strong Logistics Director to join the team to help lead and drive the business forwards.
The fleet includes over 50 drivers operating a number of specialist vehicles to include oil collector, hazardous waste, articulated trailers and front line interceptor vehicles with a variety of depots across the UK. Our client has ambitious plans to improve and expand its service delivery including a major project which will future proof an outlet for feedstock.
We are looking for a dynamic, results focused individual with a track record of leadership and achievement in a fast-paced logistics environment. Successful candidates will be ‘hands on’ with a strategic mind-set and excellent communication skills. Areas of responsibility will include:
- To drive continuous improvement throughout the department to ensure a sustainably profitable operation consistent with the stated company policies on values and ethics; environment, health and safety; governance and quality.
- Providing leadership, direction and motivation to your team and the wider company.
- Support and promote innovation and learning across the company.
- Develop a strong senior level relationship with major fleet suppliers.
- Promote, lead and demonstrate a ‘one company’ ethos, delivering a common goal approach, with the customer at the centre.
- Hold a CPC international license or have a strong working knowledge of CPC, and have a working knowledge of ADR.
- COTC is preferable but not essential.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Be commercially minded with an eye for detail.
Read our Success Stories
Find out how our candidates got on:
Interested in other opportunities?
We welcome direct speculative approaches from potential candidates. If you would like to submit your CV it will be reviewed by a member of the team and kept on our database.