Learning & Career Development Manager
- Title: Learning & Career Development Manager
- Type: Advertisement
- Salary: To £50,000
- Location: London
- Contact: Peter Fenton
- Reference: W/L019
Categories: Professional/Business Services
You could stay in the commercial world… Or you could use your learning & development expertise to make a real difference.
It’s a big adjustment, leaving the Armed Services. There are many new challenges to tackle, from managing finances to finding the right job. Fortunately, officers and their families can rely on professional, practical, impartial support from the Officers’ Association.
Helping veterans transition to a new career is key to our work. Now we want you at the heart of our Employment Services, ensuring officers receive the career development programmes and support they deserve. Having built your skills in a commercial setting, now you can make a lasting impact on the lives of those who have done so much for our country.
About the role
In this key strategic role, we’ll look to you to oversee our courses and programmes for officers, from career consultations and CV workshops to networking events and online support. By using your innovative approach to ensure services are modern, relevant, impactful and helpful, you’ll maximise officers’ prospects of long-term career success.
To be clear, you won’t be a detached, hands-off strategist. We want your vision and input driving the day-to-day delivery of our programmes, via your team of career consultants. And we’ll expect you to prove the efficacy of our programmes, and the potential for development, through constant evaluation and robust research.
You will have:
- A strong track record of delivering innovative solutions, from a background in learning & development/executive career coaching, or as a strong generalist HR professional with experience of transformation projects
- Strong IT skills and broad experience of service delivery using digital channels
- Up to date knowledge of employment opportunities in a range of sectors
- Experience using CRM systems, data and research to report on and evaluate services
- Strong project management skills
- The positive, flexible attitude to drive change in a fast-paced environment
- Genuine interest in our work and empathy with the officers we serve
Why join the Officer’s Association?
If you have a passion for helping people to develop skills and achieve rewarding careers, this is the role you’ve been waiting for. Your efforts will enable officers and their families to benefit from the newest and best coaching and programmes available, and you will benefit from playing your part in our winning culture and collaborative team.
Read our Success Stories
Find out how our candidates got on:
Interested in other opportunities?
We welcome direct speculative approaches from potential candidates. If you would like to submit your CV it will be reviewed by a member of the team and kept on our database.