Head of Procurement
- Title: Head of Procurement
- Salary: Attractive Salary
- Location: London
- Benefits: Pension and additional Travel Benefits
- Contact: Charles Cornwell
- Reference: W/B042
Categories: Transport, Logistics and Infrastructure
Our client is a highly successful international transport operator. The business has an on-going passenger franchise to deliver transport services for London and is part of an expansive group that is looking to gain further traction from this critical operation. The Board now seeks a people focussed Head of Procurement in order to cultivate, lead and deliver a fully rounded procurement strategy for the business. This is a superb opportunity for the correct individual to enhance the collaborative culture within the business and grow within the role as the organisation continues to develop.
- To establish, maintain and continuously improve the company’s procurement strategy ensuring that the buying power of the organisation is maximised. To act as advisor to internal customers and external suppliers for the organisation’s contracting and purchasing activities.
- To take responsibility for ensuring value for money, drafting and implementing high quality contracts and promoting the successful development of long term, mutually beneficial supplier relationships. Ensure that commercial risk is controlled and compliance with appropriate safety requirements are met.
- Work integrally with Company and Group procurement and finance teams to ensure all activity complies with Legal, Statutory and Company requirements and leverages Group benefits. Present a professional image both internally and externally, providing timely support where appropriate and dealing with sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Develop individuals, team working, co-operation, morale and team spirit. Encourage and support the team and business to achieve company objectives, encourage cross-functional co-operation and continually improve.
- Motivate, coach and support individuals in order to maximise their performance, and enable career progression.
- Experience of managing budgets, high value contracts and procurement.
- Knowledge of corporate law and other relevant legislation related to this role would be an advantage.
- Experience of managing stakeholder relationships.
- Procurement related qualification.
- Well developed level of commercial and financial awareness and able to implement new systems and procedures.
- Experience of developing collaborative relationships and high levels of internal customer service.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal. Able to direct meetings and group discussions and lead teams through change processes.
- Highly self motivated and autonomous and capable of developing a team and drive continual improvement.
Read our Success Stories
Find out how our candidates got on:
Interested in other opportunities?
We welcome direct speculative approaches from potential candidates. If you would like to submit your CV it will be reviewed by a member of the team and kept on our database.