Head of Fruit Operations
- Title: Head of Fruit Operations
- Salary: Attractive salary plus benefits
- Location: Flexible
- Contact: Charlie van Exter
- Reference: W / L061
Categories: Rural/Agri-businesses and Landed Estates
- Lead the growing of fruit within the organisation (significant annual budget) to deliver a profitable, sustainable business which is recognised for setting the benchmark within the wider industry. Deliver additional output within the next 5 years, building on current production.
- Work closely with the senior management team and wider business to ensure all the necessary steps are undertaken to deliver the business’ rolling 10 year strategic business plan.
- Grow customer base using a multi-channel approach to maximise its returns across the whole crop production & value chain.
- Deliver a compelling marketing campaign to build organisation’s brand equity and establish its name within the top fruit sector thereby paving the way for it to become the “go-to” player.
- Work in close partnership with the two Fruit Farm Managers whose remit is to directly oversee the growing operations in Kent and Herefordshire. Lead, coach and develop the wider team.
- Must be a natural leader with experience of managing a fast-paced, complex business with a geographically disparate team and diverse set of stakeholders.
- Must possess strong commercial and financial management control and be comfortable in drawing up and managing budgets with a track record of exceeding targets.
- Will need to demonstrate strong strategic awareness, be operationally sound and have experience in change management.
- Should have top fruit experience in production, packing, marketing and retail. An empathy and understanding for farming systems is desirable.
- Must be tenacious by character, have a drive to succeed and possess the perceptiveness to take a long-term view and manage teams through different market cycles.
Read our Success Stories
Find out how our candidates got on:
Interested in other opportunities?
We welcome direct speculative approaches from potential candidates. If you would like to submit your CV it will be reviewed by a member of the team and kept on our database.