Head of Finance
- Title: Head of Finance
- Type: Advertised selection
- Salary: Attractive Salary + Benefits
- Location: Essex
- Contact: Charlie van Exter
- Reference: W/L121
Categories: Rural/Agri-businesses and Landed Estates
This vacancy is now complete
Looking for active jobs?
An exciting opportunity to lead the finance function at this diversified rural enterprise comprising of agriculture, residential and commercial property as well as renewable energy interests. The historic, privately owned Estate is seeking an ambitious and entrepreneurial accountant to deliver value and shape its long-term strategy.
- Deliver timely management reports, budgets and end-of-year accounts, built upon robust financial controls, systems and procedures to support the Trustees and family in decision making and overall Estate Management
- Take day-to-day control and management of the finance function to ensure the production of meaningful and timely management information.
- Explore and develop business cases for new commercial enterprises thereby contributing to robust debate and helping to shape the Estate’s future strategy.
- Commercially astute, hands-on qualified accountant. Experience of agriculture and property advantageous but not a prerequisite. Proven business acumen and experience in developing financial strategy and reporting tools.
- Proactive, energetic and highly numerate with an understanding of different holding structures and the taxation thereof. Strong IT skills.
- Decisive, capable of meeting tight deadlines with strong attention to detail. An able communicator with excellent organisational and stakeholder management skills who flourishes in a collaborative environment.
Read our Success Stories
Find out how our candidates got on:
Interested in other opportunities?
We welcome direct speculative approaches from potential candidates. If you would like to submit your CV it will be reviewed by a member of the team and kept on our database.