Head of Construction
- Title: Head of Construction
- Salary: Attractive Remuneration Package
- Location: London SW1
- Contact: Charlie Holroyde
- Reference: W/L552
Categories: Property and Built Environment
Rockwell Property Ltd currently has £2.5 billion GDV on its books, consisting of both hotel and residential schemes across four different London Boroughs. The culture is one of energy, genuine drive and enthusiasm, focussing on the effective management and delivery of schemes with the support of outsourced consultants. The core team now requires an internal quantity surveyor with a significant track record to drive through the construction of their respective schemes, whilst safeguarding them from inflated construction costs and implementing completion of each scheme within time constraints and budget.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring maximum returns and optimised performance. This individual will also provide the interface between the construction process and the teams of outsourced professionals and contractors as well as the business itself.
- Work with both the internal team and external managing agents to shape and implement an effective ‘optimised’ development strategy, clear vision and approach.
- Appoint and manage external contractors and teams of associated professionals.
- Through first hand on-site experience ensure that all the contractors are aware of their responsibilities and building contracts reflect those expectations to prevent unforeseen additional costs.
- Ensure full cooperation and communication with the CEO and accounts team to deliver effective forward planning.
- Is likely to be a chartered surveyor with a background in quantity surveying and must have worked for an established developer on the client side.
- The successful candidate will possess proven working knowledge of the construction process gained from on-site experience dealing directly with large contractors working on significant schemes.
- They will have a driven and entrepreneurial approach with first-hand experience in the fine detail of any scheme including contractor agreements whilst ensuring the project itself has been “value engineered” through the design phase.
- They must be energetic, inspirational and commercially minded. They will communicate effectively and possess excellent relationship management skills.
- They will have a strong commercial focus and will have a proven ability to deliver results within a framework of exacting standards. An ability to build and lead diverse external teams with authority will be required.
- They should take pride and satisfaction from the attention to detail they will apply to the role. They must be capable of and willing to multi-task, managing multiple projects effectively and, at the same time, possess the ability to drive forward and manage initiatives in a confident and personable manner.
Read our Success Stories
Find out how our candidates got on:
Interested in other opportunities?
We welcome direct speculative approaches from potential candidates. If you would like to submit your CV it will be reviewed by a member of the team and kept on our database.