- Title: General Manager
- Type: Search-led hybrid
- Salary: Attractive Salary + Benefits
- Location: Anglesey, North Wales
- Contact: Charlie Holroyde
- Reference: W/L230
Categories: Rural/Agri-businesses and Landed Estates
This vacancy is now complete
Looking for active jobs?
Bodorgan has been the home of the Meyrick family for more than 500 years. The Bodorgan Estate today (www.bodorgan.com) is the largest land-holding on Anglesey and includes let farms; a large residential and holiday let portfolio; family houses, gardens and amenity land; ecological property; forestry; a caravan park; let quarries; sporting businesses; a full-service property management team; and a property maintenance team.
Much of the Estate’s potential remains to be developed and delivered and, with this in mind, the Meyrick Family Group is now seeking to recruit a General Manager. This is a hands-on and challenging role and requires an individual who will, with support from the Group COO and the Chairman, make Bodorgan recognised as one of Wales’ leading and best run Estates.
Responsibilities will include:
- Taking charge of all aspects of the Bodorgan Estate and the leadership of the whole team on a daily basis whilst representing Bodorgan at all times and at all levels
- Being a permanent and visible presence whilst working closely with the Chairman and reporting regularly to the Group COO and Estate trustees
- Drawing up and delivering multiple budgets which generate a healthy and growing cash surplus
- Effective dealing with local farmers, government officials and local stakeholders
- Defining and delivering the Estate’s conservation objectives
You must have:
- A powerful reason for wanting to work in North Wales and a demonstrable interest in Bodorgan’s asset base
- Experience of managing rural property assets; running a team of people (although not necessarily a team of rural property managers); and drawing up, delivering and reporting multiple budgets
- Organisational awareness combined with the ability to lead change
- A keen focus on implementation and a desire to deliver results
- A high degree of autonomy and self-motivation
- Natural diplomacy and common sense
Read our Success Stories
Find out how our candidates got on:
Interested in other opportunities?
We welcome direct speculative approaches from potential candidates. If you would like to submit your CV it will be reviewed by a member of the team and kept on our database.