- Title: General Manager
- Salary: Attractive Salary + Benefits
- Location: Cumbria
- Contact: Peter Fenton
- Reference: W / B028
Categories: Rural/Agri-businesses and Landed Estates
Unique opportunity to take charge and drive forward Lowther Castle & Gardens, a nationally important historic property near Penrith in the Lake District National Park. Part of the Lowther Estates, this is an exciting challenge for an entrepreneurial individual with the foresight and ability to manage an inspirational visitor destination.
- Work closely with the estate owners to ensure partnership and delivery at all levels. Look for compelling, innovative ways of increasing footfall and profitability.
- Devise and implement strategies to enable the sustainability and long-term success of the business. Ensure financial solidity whilst retaining the family ethos of sharing the landscape and castle at Lowther with visitors in perpetuity.
- Deliver innovative marketing to create greater awareness and customer engagement.
- Lead and motivate a team with the requisite development of their skills so as to improve performance.
- Charismatic, inspirational and commercially minded General Manager with a track record in increasing visitor numbers. Experience gained in hospitality and leisure sector is a necessity.
- Commercially astute and financially literate with strong sales focus. Proven ability to deliver results.
- Effective communicator with excellent relationship management skills across all stakeholders.
- Decisive and strategically adept, focussed on delivery and familiar with exacting service standards.
Read our Success Stories
Find out how our candidates got on:
Interested in other opportunities?
We welcome direct speculative approaches from potential candidates. If you would like to submit your CV it will be reviewed by a member of the team and kept on our database.