- Title: Finance Director
- Salary: Attractive package
- Location: London
- Contact: Peter Fenton
- Reference: W/L581
Categories: Rural/Agri-businesses and Landed Estates
This vacancy is now complete
Looking for active jobs?
A well-established Family Estate with a diversified real estate portfolio of residential and commercial properties across the UK worth over £600 million. The strategy is to actively asset manage the business to optimise income and enhance value. The role presents an opportunity to shape and improve the effectiveness of the finance function for the future.
- Reporting to the Chief Executive, deliver timely management reports, budgets, forecasts and end-of-year accounts, built upon robust financial controls, systems and procedures, to support Trustees with decisions and overall estate management.
- Ensure production of relevant management and tax information, to Chief Executive, Trustees and beneficiaries. Reduce the reliance upon external advisors and be a key member of the team.
- Provide an efficient day to day operation and encourage a strong working relationship with the internal team and external teams. Propose and deliver new initiatives and manage the changes.
- Commercially astute, hands-on qualified accountant, preferably Chartered, with proven track record in a similar finance leadership role. Property experience ideal, but not prerequisite.
- Ambitious, able to use own initiative, energetic and highly numerate, with understanding of tax and accounting legislation and structures. Strong IT skills.
- Hands on, happy to get into the detail but also have the ability to contribute to the strategic direction. Capable and confident in presenting information to the Board.
- Decisive, capable of meeting tight deadlines, good attention to detail and strong work ethic. An able communicator, with excellent organisational and leadership skills and a collaborative team approach.
Read our Success Stories
Find out how our candidates got on:
Interested in other opportunities?
We welcome direct speculative approaches from potential candidates. If you would like to submit your CV it will be reviewed by a member of the team and kept on our database.