- Title: Finance Director
- Salary: Six figure salary + Benefits
- Location: London
- Contact: Neil Watkins
- Reference: W/B033
Categories: Transport, Logistics and Infrastructure
Our client is one of the most admired names in the UK transport sector, with a strong record of retail innovation, unwavering commercial focus and well-defined plans for future growth. Now is the time to join them on their journey and be an extremely influential figure in those plans. As part of a larger European Transport Group, career development opportunities are significant for those with an ambition to succeed.
- Reporting to the Managing Director and working with the executive team to deliver the business plan and ensuring that business processes, systems and controls are robust, fit for purpose and applied in a consistent manner.
- Oversee all financial reporting, audit, compliance and procurement activity whilst also providing the business with management information, analysis, advice and challenge to help maximise profits. Ensure that the company values and behaviours are adopted by the finance team.
- Support the Managing Director with the strategic planning process and take a leading role in the management of regulatory contracts with key stakeholders such as Network Rail and DfT.
- Ensure the management and financial report requirements of the group are delivered accurately and on time. Provide leadership and motivation to a team of financial, technical and procurement managers.
- Graduate level intellect, preferably with a higher degree in a management discipline or a professional qualification e.g. ACA/CIMA qualified.
- A strong technical background and proven record of success in financial management with at least 3 years’ senior-level experience in leadership of people and resources.
- Strong political awareness plus an appreciation of the demands of conflicting business and customer interests and the need to meet statutory requirements.
- A very high level of commercial awareness and evidenced ability to liaise closely with business operations and commercial teams to ensure business and financial information and activity is congruent and consistent.
- Excellent communication, problem solving and organisational skills; Self-motivated and a team player
Read our Success Stories
Find out how our candidates got on:
Interested in other opportunities?
We welcome direct speculative approaches from potential candidates. If you would like to submit your CV it will be reviewed by a member of the team and kept on our database.