Estate Director, Bowood Estate
- Title: Estate Director, Bowood Estate
- Salary: Attractive Salary
- Location: Wiltshire
- Benefits: House + Benefits
- Contact: Peter Fenton
- Reference: W / B025
Categories: Rural/Agri-businesses and Landed Estates
An exceptional opportunity to lead the Bowood Estate, home of the Lansdowne family for over 250 years. The individual will take responsibility for managing a thriving range of businesses comprising the historic house and gardens, hotel and spa, championship golf course and working farm with residential and commercial property portfolios.
- Optimise the performance of all elements of the estate. Identify opportunities for business and profit enhancement. Devise and drive through strategy to achieve agreed goals.
- Promote sustainable growth through creative marketing activity and sound cost and business management. Propose compelling investment plans to maximise ROI.
- Develop team capability, enhancing skills and performance. Deliver best practice people management, ensuring the estate’s position as a regional employer of choice.
- Commercially focused general manager with decisive and clear management style. Experienced, results driven business leader; strong affinity with the countryside and community.
- Accomplished commercial skills in wider business areas, ideally including hospitality, leisure and retail. Ability to reconcile competing demands of visitor experience and historical preservation. Attention to detail with an exacting eye for maintaining standards at all times.
- Diplomat; style and gravitas befitting an ambassador for the estate. Character and personality to deal with responsibilities effectively with good grace, patience and humour.
Read our Success Stories
Find out how our candidates got on:
Interested in other opportunities?
We welcome direct speculative approaches from potential candidates. If you would like to submit your CV it will be reviewed by a member of the team and kept on our database.