Commercial & Finance Director
- Title: Commercial & Finance Director
- Salary: Attractive Salary + Benefits
- Location: Warwickshire
- Contact: Peter Fenton / Charlie van Exter
- Reference: W / B038
Categories: Rural/Agri-businesses and Landed Estates
Exceptional opportunity to take a leading role at one of the country’s best known Estates with a variety of thriving business enterprises. Home to the Marquess & Marchioness of Hertford and their ancestors for over 400 years, Ragley represents a modern and progressive Estate built on innovation and entrepreneurship which seeks to be best in class.
The Chief Executive is seeking a trusted deputy with proven commercial acumen and financial rigor to elevate its performance and build on its diversified interests that include agriculture, residential and commercial real estate and a leisure & hospitality business. Safeguarding its heritage for future generations, of both the family and wider community, is paramount to its ongoing purpose.
- Deliver timely management reports, budgets and end-of-year accounts, built upon robust financial controls, systems and procedures to support the Chief Executive, Trustees and family in decision making and overall Estate management.
- Offer meaningful support to the Chief Executive and Trustees in strategy development, resource allocation, business performance management and acquisition evaluation/implementation.
- Act as second in command to the Chief Executive and deliver new initiatives and manage change across the Estate, based on robust business plans.
- Commercially astute, hands-on qualified accountant. Property experience ideal, but not prerequisite. Proven business acumen and expertise in formulating and developing financial strategy.
- Ambitious, proactive, energetic and highly numerate with understanding of trust structures, accounting legislation and tax. Strong IT skills. Capable and confident in a Boardroom environment.
- Decisive, capable of meeting tight deadlines and with good attention to detail. An able communicator with excellent organisational and leadership skills and collaborative approach.
Read our Success Stories
Find out how our candidates got on:
Interested in other opportunities?
We welcome direct speculative approaches from potential candidates. If you would like to submit your CV it will be reviewed by a member of the team and kept on our database.