- Title: Clerk
- Type: Advertised selection
- Salary: Excellent packaging
- Location: London
- Contact: Alastair Singleton
- Reference: W/L341
Categories: Third Sector
This vacancy is now complete
Looking for active jobs?
The Worshipful Company of Brewers (www.brewershall.co.uk) is one of the ancient Livery Companies of the City of London, and received its first charter in 1438. Based at its own Hall in Aldermanbury Square, the Company maintains a strong and vibrant relationship with its industry, and has a membership drawn exclusively from the senior leadership of major brewers and those associated closely with the sector. In addition to support for its industry, key activities today include benevolence centred around education, social and other worthwhile causes. The Clerk acts as Chief Executive of the Company, and is responsible to the annually-elected Master, Wardens and Court for the management of the Company and its staff.
- Lead the direction and administration of every aspect of the Company’s activities. Provide continuity and excellence, motivating a small, high quality team
- Supervise the Company’s finances, investment and property portfolios, charitable policies and resources
- Promote the Company within the industry and its interest within the City and with other Livery Companies
- Support the Master, Wardens and Court. Manage the Company’s Committees. Drive relations with external advisors
- Seasoned and charismatic leader with stature and poise. Exceptional organisational, administrative and interpersonal skills. Financially astute
- Proven at a significant level of responsibility in the armed services, the commercial, public or voluntary sectors. Experience or knowledge of the brewing industry and an interest in beer an advantage
- Developed diplomatic and social skills. Courteous, persuasive and unflappable. At ease and effective at all levels
- Loyal, discreet and endowed with sound judgement and a sense of humour. Mentally agile and strategically sound
Read our Success Stories
Find out how our candidates got on:
Interested in other opportunities?
We welcome direct speculative approaches from potential candidates. If you would like to submit your CV it will be reviewed by a member of the team and kept on our database.