- Title: Clerk
- Type: Advertised selection
- Salary: c.£80,000 + Benefits
- Location: City of London
- Contact: Phil de Glanville
- Reference: W/L062
Categories: Third Sector
Would you enjoy maintaining and evolving the traditions and social impact of a long established livery company? Can you inspire and lead staff and members to maintain and exceed exacting standards in all day to day operations?
The Worshipful Company of Barbers is one of the leading livery companies of the City of London and has its own Hall, which was destroyed in the Blitz and beautifully rebuilt in 1969. It is also one of the oldest, having celebrated its 700th anniversary in 2008, and is ranked 17th in the livery ‘order of precedence’
The Barbers’ Company is a fraternal organization, with responsibilities and rights within the City of London, providing support to charities, institutions and individuals associated with the Company’s ancient and long established traditions and origins.
- Manage the business of the company across a diverse portfolio, to underpin the financial health of the company.
- Provide inspirational leadership and focused management to a small team of five staff, the court, and the wider livery membership.
- Ensure the smooth functioning of the various committees and Court decision making process in an organised and efficient manner.
- Represent the company at events and functions, and act as an ambassador at all times.
- Bring an extensive track record of running an organisation operationally.
- Have an excellent record of working with suppliers, stakeholders and partners; bringing strong commercial and relationship management skills to bear.
- Exude diplomacy and tact, with high standards and expectations for all operations, and especially events.
- Provide strong interpersonal skills – a gregarious character with an ability to build strong relationships with the Master, Court and wider livery members.
Read our Success Stories
Find out how our candidates got on:
Interested in other opportunities?
We welcome direct speculative approaches from potential candidates. If you would like to submit your CV it will be reviewed by a member of the team and kept on our database.