- Title: Clerk
- Location: London
- Contact: Stephen Neel / Phil de Glanville
- Reference: W / L052
This vacancy is now complete
Looking for active jobs?
The Fishmongers’ Company (www.fishhall.org.uk) is one of the Great Twelve Livery Companies of the City of London and received its first Royal Charter in 1272. The Company’s connection with fish and fishing stretches back over 700 years and it remains closely involved in the fishing sector to this day. It is a major philanthropic donor to education, the arts and charitable causes. The Clerk manages the Company’s activities on a day-to-day basis and is responsible to the Court for the conduct and management of the Company’s affairs.
- Broad remit for the direction and day-to-day management of the Company, its resources and staff
- Responsible to the Prime Warden and the Court. Support and advise them in the strategic development and continuity of the Company in all its activities
- Liaise with professional advisers to bring commercially astute conduct of the Company’s finances, investment and property portfolios. Supervise its charitable, educational, arts and fishing-related affairs
- Varied and challenging role, requiring energy, leadership and developed business skills.
- Proven leader with a sharp intellect and demonstrable record at senior management level. Effective operator endowed with strategic vision, tactical sense and financial ability
- Sound judge of people and situations. Clear thinking, diplomatic, persuasive and unflappable. Detail conscious
- Outstanding interpersonal and influencing skills, ability to develop and maintain strong relationships. Hands-on and committed, loyal and discreet
- Experience of working with committees, organising major events and functions. An interest in fish/fishing is advantageous as would experience with food and hospitality.
Read our Success Stories
Find out how our candidates got on:
Interested in other opportunities?
We welcome direct speculative approaches from potential candidates. If you would like to submit your CV it will be reviewed by a member of the team and kept on our database.