Chief Operating Officer
- Title: Chief Operating Officer
- Type: Executive search-led hybrid
- Salary: c.£90,000 + Significant Benefits
- Location: Gloucester
- Contact: Phil de Glanville
- Reference: W/B078
This vacancy is now complete
Looking for active jobs?
Can you leave a legacy through a wide ranging leadership role and help shape a unique education institution through your outstanding financial and operational expertise?
Set within a stunning specialist campus of over 360 hectares, Hartpury College and University Centre is one of the UK’s leading land-based and sports educational establishments, and has a turnover of £32 million.
Based near Gloucester, it has been an Associate Faculty of the University of the West of England (UWE) since 1997, and is currently working towards ‘Taught Degree Awarding Powers’ with the aim of becoming a standalone University awarding its own degrees, from as early as September 2018.
Currently there are more than 1,500 Higher Education students studying foundation & honours degrees in equine, sport and animal and land. Hartpury also offers A Levels, BTEC Diplomas and a wide range of professional courses to more than 1,700 additional students in a unique and complex environment.
As the world’s largest equine education establishment Hartpury hosts three international equine events every year, and has created an outstanding global reputation for sport, regularly winning national titles in its focus sports.
- As a key member of the College Senior Management Team (SMT), develop and deliver the strategic vision and lead the financial strategy for the institution.
- Provide robust financial advice to the college executive and governance advice to Governors during the critical transition to independent University Centre status.
- Lead, support and mentor a team of c.25 across finance, IT and information systems to offer an ever more customer centric service provision.
- Ensure fit for purpose information systems are implemented for all stakeholders that reflect the digital environment.
- ACA qualified or equivalent, with broad strategic financial skills and an innovative and commercial mind-set.
- Outstanding management and leadership skills, with a proven track record of operating at SMT or board level in a multi-faceted environment.
- Customer focused, bringing excellent people skills and able to engage easily with both internal and external stakeholders alike with a high degree of emotional intelligence.
- A proven project manager with the rigour and skills to keep complex projects moving at pace.
Read our Success Stories
Find out how our candidates got on:
Interested in other opportunities?
We welcome direct speculative approaches from potential candidates. If you would like to submit your CV it will be reviewed by a member of the team and kept on our database.