Chief Operating Officer
- Title: Chief Operating Officer
- Salary: c£85k plus benefits
- Location: London
- Contact: Phil de Glanville
- Reference: W / L041
Categories: Third Sector
This vacancy is now complete
Looking for active jobs?
Do you enjoy and thrive on change management? Can you help an established livery company continue to redefine itself? Can you inspire and motivate an operational team to demonstrate the organisation’s core values through their everyday behaviours?
The Fishmongers’ Company is one of the Great Twelve Livery Companies of the City of London and received its first Royal Charter in 1272. The Company’s connection with fish and fishing stretches back over 700 years and it remains closely involved with the fishing sector to this day.
The company plays an active role in the management of Billingsgate Fish Market, the oldest fish market in the country.
It is a founding member of the Shellfish Association of Great Britain, the Salmon and Trout Association, the UK Marine Biological Association and the Institute of Fisheries Management.
As well as its fish-related activities the Company is also engaged in a wide range of charitable work, notably in Education, Medicine and the Arts.
- Lead an ongoing process of change management and continue to shape progress towards clearly defined goals.
- Lead c.50 employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication.
- Build consensus throughout the entire institution to achieve buy in to the vision at every level.
- Bring an extensive track record of running an organisation operationally.
- Provide a ‘coaching’ mentality combined with excellent emotional intelligence to enhance the team’s overall performance.
- Have an excellent record of working with suppliers, stakeholders and partners; bringing strong commercial and relationship management skills to bear.
Read our Success Stories
Find out how our candidates got on:
Interested in other opportunities?
We welcome direct speculative approaches from potential candidates. If you would like to submit your CV it will be reviewed by a member of the team and kept on our database.