Chief Operating Officer
- Title: Chief Operating Officer
- Salary: c.£100,000
- Location: South of England
- Benefits: Bonus + Benefits
- Contact: Charles Cornwell
- Reference: W/B047
Categories: Transport, Logistics and Infrastructure
This vacancy is now complete
Looking for active jobs?
Our client is a UK-based provider of software products for the transport sector that brings together many years of experience in delivery and support. In the U.K. they work closely with their international parent group and together their products form an essential part of the UK’s transport infrastructure, enabling safe and efficient performance. In order to meet transport sector challenges, our client driving industry-changing innovations in infrastructure and asset management.
Currently based in the south of the UK but with two additional satellite offices this dynamic organisation is embarking on the next exciting stages of its continued growth and expansion. Based on their previous performances, greater customer interaction and the input from the group the business is planning on a dramatic increase in turnover in the coming years and as such are looking for a highly committed individual to join the senior management team.
- Lead and direct day to day operations of multi-discipline teams across 3 sites delivering software products and services.
- Accountable for delivery of company revenue targets & efficient operations to improve project margins.
- Ensure timely delivery of contract commitments via motivated, empowered and trained resources.
- Oversee the management of company assurance, quality, test, facilities management and IT functions needed to support overall company performance.
- Working with sales, commercial and financial functions to ensure suitable project resources and other approaches match revenue and profit targets including utilisation levels and rate setting.
- Liaison with operations, research and development and business development functions to ensure product and production approaches match existing and future customer requirements.
- High-level communication with internal and external stakeholders including clients, partners and the wider parent group.
- Suitable candidates for this role will demonstrate a blend of operational expertise from within a technical environment and exceptional leadership qualities. Knowledge and understanding of regulated industries, the wider transport sector or a systems-based industry to bring up-to-date thinking is crucial.
- Strong oversight in technical management and driven to achieve robust solutions and change at an organisational level is key. A track record of creating shared internal and external partnerships and the provision of excellent customer service and building brand reputation is vital.
- Successful candidates will possess high levels of personal energy and integrity, be excellent communicators and networkers as well as being good at fostering relationships and comfortable operating on the strategic plane.
- The COO must have exceptional people development, coaching and motivational capabilities to deliver talent and value for money through the advancement and delivery of a highly technically competent resource.
Read our Success Stories
Find out how our candidates got on:
Interested in other opportunities?
We welcome direct speculative approaches from potential candidates. If you would like to submit your CV it will be reviewed by a member of the team and kept on our database.