Chief Executive Officer
- Title: Chief Executive Officer
- Salary: Up to £60 000 + bonuses
- Location: Bristol
- Contact: Will McAlpine
- Reference: B023
Categories: Third Sector
Make property development a force for good. This is where your leadership and commercial prowess in the field can give ex-offenders a life beyond crime.
Bristol Together exists to inspire lives beyond crime, by creating new jobs for ex-offenders in the construction sector. We believe that supported paid work, skills training and tailored mentoring can give ex-offenders a pathway to meaningful employment and break the cycle of reoffending. As the scope of our operations and scale of our social impact grows, we are looking for a visionary new CEO to lead Bristol Together to the next level.
Your background is most likely in one of 3 areas. You could be CEO of an established social enterprise; an experienced property development professional; or a recent retiree from a successful business career eager for a fulfilling new challenge.
In each case, you’ll need keen commercial acumen, an entrepreneur’s mind-set and an eye for a commercially viable property transaction(s). You have run, scaled and built businesses, including reporting to external investors. Now you’re keen to use everything you know to give something back… and transform the lives of some of the most disadvantaged members of society.
About the role
We want you to deliver profit for reinvestment and real social impact in equal measure by:
Managing all aspects of our property development pipeline:
- Source new property development opportunities (renovation and new-build) to deliver a flourishing pipeline of work;
- Carefully managing cash-flow to balance capital expenditure with financial targets;
- Develop a team of site foremen to oversee timely, on-budget completion of projects to an excellent standard; and
- Focus relentlessly on health & safety on site.
Leading our trading and social impact performance:
- Maintain our financial sustainability and social impact in line with our objectives and ethos;
- Establish strong working relationships with group executives and Board members;
- Report regularly to the Board in writing and verbally;
- Take the lead in recruiting and managing the Bristol Together team;
- Maintain strong investor relations and partnerships with other social enterprises; and
- Oversee compliance and governance across financial issues, HR, health & safety etc.
About Bristol Together
The ultimate objective of Bristol Together is to be financially self-sustaining and significantly reduce re-offending rates. We are achieving this through our commercially sustainable business model: buying or investing in properties with potential for capital enhancement and working with social enterprise partners to engage ex-offenders in repairing, restoring and refurbishing them. We have recently expanded our work into new-build developments and the conversion of empty commercial buildings into residential accommodation. Our approach is undoubtedly working: Since 2011 we have employed nearly 70 ex-offenders, only two of whom have reoffended.
Read our Success Stories
Find out how our candidates got on:
Interested in other opportunities?
We welcome direct speculative approaches from potential candidates. If you would like to submit your CV it will be reviewed by a member of the team and kept on our database.