- Title: Chief Executive
- Type: Executive search-led hybrid
- Salary: Attractive Package
- Location: London
- Contact: Sue Harvey
- Reference: W/B577
Each year, more than 50,000 people enjoy the range of sociable walking, outdoor and leisure activity holidays offered by this a multi award-winning organisation. With an annual turnover in excess of £25million, HF Holidays manage 19 Country Houses – 13 of which they own – located in some of the most beautiful and scenic areas of the UK. HF Holidays also provides holidays in Europe and across the world through a network of partner hotels. HF Holidays Ltd is a co-operative owned by its 33,000 loyal members who share the ethos of sociable enjoyment of the great outdoors. The society is committed to a responsible tourism policy and contributes to a range of environmental projects and charities in the UK and further afield. The current Chief Executive has announced his plan to retire at the start of 2014 and there is now a requirement to find his successor. This is an exciting opportunity to drive the development of a highly successful organisation with huge potential.
- Working closely with a 12-member Board of Directors elected to represent the members of the Society. With offices in Elstree, London and Penrith, Cumbria, extensive travel throughout the UK will be required.
- Managing HF Holidays Ltd and providing inspirational leadership to the executive team to develop and deliver the business strategy, in accordance with the policies agreed by the Board.
- Optimising the financial performance and efficiency of the business, including both consolidation of the existing operation and driving forward the strategy for growth and increased market share.
- Developing and protecting the ethos and brand equity of HF Holidays whilst building the membership base, loyalty and share investment. Increasing guest weeks and customer satisfaction.
- Experience in leading a successful multi site organisation of comparable size and complexity at Board level or equivalent.
- Clear analytical thinker of graduate calibre, possessing considerable marketing and brand expertise and demonstrating success in strategy development and implementation, business improvement and financial delivery.
- Strong strategic business leader with drive and enthusiasm and a collaborative and open management style. Excellent motivator and strong communicator.
- Whilst not a prerequisite for the role, experience in the travel industry and holiday sector will be an advantage, along with experience of management within a membership based organisation.
Read our Success Stories
Find out how our candidates got on:
Interested in other opportunities?
We welcome direct speculative approaches from potential candidates. If you would like to submit your CV it will be reviewed by a member of the team and kept on our database.