- Title: Chief Executive
- Salary: c£80,000
- Location: London
- Contact: Alastair Singleton
Categories: Third Sector
The Officers’ Association (www.officersassociation.org.uk) is dedicated to the welfare of those who have held a commission in HM Armed Services and their dependants, ensuring that they may live with dignity and independence. Established by Royal Charter in 1921, the charity provides a broad spectrum of advice and is active in the two key areas of the resettlement of former officers into suitable employment and the financial and other benevolent support of those in need. The Officers’ Association works closely with a range of sister service charities and is embarking on a period of strategic focus and development as the Armed Services themselves change to meet new challenges.
- Responsible to the Trustees for the direction and day-to-day management of the charity, developing and delivering its vision, strategic objectives, policies and capabilities. Lead and motivate high quality, focussed team.
- Work positively to drive collaborative working with key partners, including the MOD, other charities, government bodies, educational establishments and key employers.
- Act as ambassador and figurehead for the charity as it enhances its capability and optimises its positioning for the future.
- Charismatic, effective and articulate leader, proven at senior level in a structured and demanding professional environment.
- Quick thinking, shrewd and commercially astute, ideally with personal experience as an Armed Services officer.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, persuasive and compelling negotiator. Personality to operate with ease and win respect at all levels.
Please email/write to Mike Neville at the address below by 21 January 2013, enclosing a copy of your CV and giving full salary details.
67 Portland Place, London, W1B 1AR: +44(0) 207 307 3369: firstname.lastname@example.org
Read our Success Stories
Find out how our candidates got on:
Interested in other opportunities?
We welcome direct speculative approaches from potential candidates. If you would like to submit your CV it will be reviewed by a member of the team and kept on our database.