- Title: Chief Executive
- Salary: Attractive six-figure salary
- Location: York / Harpenden - flexible
- Contact: Richard Langton / Peter Fenton
- Reference: W/L091
Categories: Rural/Agri-businesses and Landed Estates
Crop Health & Protection (CHAP) is one of the UK government’s four agri-tech centres established to act as a catalyst between academia and industry to deliver innovation that addresses the most pressing agricultural challenges for the UK and overseas. CHAP is focused on making ground-breaking science a commercial reality (www.chap-solutions.co.uk).
- Develop a strategy and implementation plan for CHAP’s evolution from its current start-up phase through to it being a standalone commercial enterprise.
- Establish the necessary team, capabilities and governance structures to ensure both impactful delivery and on-going organisational development.
- Generate the networks and reputation that ensure that CHAP becomes a pivotal partner for academia and industry collaboration within agronomy, both in the UK and overseas.
- Commercially astute and determined general manager experienced in working at the interface of academic science and industry to develop impactful products and propositions.
- A highly effective and credible communicator used to galvanising stakeholder groups, both public and private, behind a common goal and engendering a strong collaborative spirit.
- An advocate for agronomic development and for the UK’s role at the forefront of this area of science and technology. A biological sciences background would be advantageous.
Read our Success Stories
Find out how our candidates got on:
Interested in other opportunities?
We welcome direct speculative approaches from potential candidates. If you would like to submit your CV it will be reviewed by a member of the team and kept on our database.