Chief Engineer - Advanced Propulsion Systems (APS)
- Title: Chief Engineer - Advanced Propulsion Systems (APS)
- Salary: Excellent Incentivsed Package
- Location: Norwich
- Contact: Simon Betts / Stephen Neel
- Reference: W/L208
Overall responsibility for leading the powertrain development of all Internal Combustion (ICE), Hybrid and Electric Drive systems for future products as Group Lotus enters its next phase of development as part of a significant international automotive group. This is a challenging and newly defined position to lead the engineering future of Advanced Propulsion Systems.
- Oversee and lead the development and integration of all ICE, Hybrid and Electric Drive systems
- Ensure proper manufacturing, cost engineering assessment and appropriate design and validation through testing; implement the Lotus Product Introduction plan
- Leadership and management of APS team to support the delivery of programmes to agreed budgets and time schedule
- Talented engineer operating at senior level within the powertrain function of a leading automotive OEM; considerable experience of developing ICE with recent exposure to hybrid and electric drive technology
- Degree educated (post-graduate degree desirable) in technical disciplines covering electronic, electrical and software related subjects.
- Expertise covering electric machines and power electronics, energy storage/high voltage and energy management systems; recognition and application of excellent design practice
- Technologically ambitious with a passion for new technologies; ability to inspire, lead, influence and persuade. Self-starter with a strong team ethos and determination to succeed
- Resilient, able to manage adversity and deliver results to schedule
- Have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to lead, influence and persuade;
- Have a strong team ethos; be collaborative and have the ability to influence across functions whilst building a team able to deliver for the future of Lotus.
Read our Success Stories
Find out how our candidates got on:
Interested in other opportunities?
We welcome direct speculative approaches from potential candidates. If you would like to submit your CV it will be reviewed by a member of the team and kept on our database.